- Indigenous Groups Vow to Keep Resisting as Construction Is Approved for Enbridge Tar Sands Pipelineby email@example.com (Democracy Now!) on November 25, 2020 at 1:49 pm
A massive fight is brewing in Minnesota against the Enbridge Line 3 pipeline after the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers approved a permit for the project […]
- Barbara Ransby & David Sirota Warn of Close Links Between Biden's Cabinet Picks & Corporate Powerby firstname.lastname@example.org (Democracy Now!) on November 25, 2020 at 1:25 pm
President-elect Joe Biden declared "America is back" this week as he revealed some of the people who will staff his administration in key national […]
- Feminism Not Militarism: Medea Benjamin on the Movement to Oppose Michèle Flournoy as Pentagon Chiefby email@example.com (Democracy Now!) on November 25, 2020 at 1:14 pm
President-elect Joe Biden has introduced key members of his national security team this week, including his picks for secretary of state, national […]
- Headlines for November 25, 2020by firstname.lastname@example.org (Democracy Now!) on November 25, 2020 at 1:00 pm
U.S. Sees Deadliest Day in Pandemic in Over 6 Months as Hospitalizations Reach Record High, U.S. to Begin Pfizer Vaccine Distribution by […]
- As 2020 Sets Grim Record for Trans Killings, Advocates Call for Holistic & Uplifting Media Coverageby email@example.com (Democracy Now!) on November 24, 2020 at 1:49 pm
At least 37 transgender and gender nonconforming people were violently killed in 2020, making it the deadliest year for trans and gender […]
Browser not supported. Visit www.270towin.com
Someone should tell Joe Biden: Every time you end a statement with Period; as in ‘such and such, such and such. Period’; it sounds as if you just told a lie. Every time you predicate a statement with, ‘Look’, it sounds as if you are about to tell a lie. I’m not saying you are […]
If you have been thinking, as I have, about why Central Americans need so desperately to escape their home countries; here’s a clue.
UPDATE: Could the NRA Lose Nonprofit Status? PBS/OPB Bye, bye Ollie! How the Hell does the NRA qualify as a Nonproft? At best, they are industry lobbyist. “Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or […]
When I reflect on immigrants, my mind always goes to Lazo of Lazo’s Restaurant in Chicago. http://lazosrestaurant.com/ (I think it was orginially Lazo’s Tacos) When I first moved to Chicago, in 1981, I found Lazo’s to be a convenient place to pick up an affordable burrito on my way home from the El stop on Western. […]
This is a really excellent report. Please find time to watch the whole thing.
Because you know you’ve been thinking about it.
This is important! Senator Sheldon Whitehouse delivers a fiery speech on the corrupting influence of “creepy billionaires!
The important thing to realize, is that the cabinet members, Pruitt, DeVos, Carson, etc; are all doing exactly what Trump wants them to do. That is, to “bankrupt” their respective agencies, making them look weak, ineffectual and expensive. This, in order to eliminate these agencies in the future.
Trump family fingers are in many pies. This is an extraction administration at best. %https://www.democracynow.org/2018/3/23/major_new_investigation_into_trump_real%
- Chris Hayes: This is what essential work looks likeon November 26, 2020 at 1:58 am
“As we sit down for Thanksgiving this week, a lot of us, thanks to the pandemic, are farther from our families than we would like. But while we prepare smaller meals this year, it is important to remember where all that food comes from,” says Chris Hayes, giving thanks to essential farm workers during the pandemic.
- ‘The impact has been colossal’: Native American tribes hit especially hard by covid-19on November 26, 2020 at 12:53 am
Dr. Twyla Baker joins The ReidOut to talk about how Native American communities have been impacted by the ongoing pandemic, calling it ‘colossal.’
- On Trump’s pardon of Flynn, Glenn Kirschner says ‘we have to be prepared to fight corrupt pardons’on November 26, 2020 at 12:25 am
Glenn Kirschner makes the case that ‘we have to be prepared to fight corrupt pardons’ when it comes to Trump’s pardon of Michael Flynn and commutation of Roger Stone.
- Breaking: Trump pardons Michael Flynn in first major act since election losson November 25, 2020 at 11:23 pm
In his first major executive act since losing the election to Joe Biden, Trump has fully pardoned former national security adviser Michael Flynn. Flynn twice pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI during the Russian probe. MSNBC's Ari Melber reports on the breaking news and highlights the fact that accepting a pardon confers guilt.
- America's digital divide is sharp. Covid made it worse.by Tiffany C. Li on November 25, 2020 at 11:11 pm
As in most crises, low-income, rural, Black and Latinx communities are suffering the most when it comes to the digital divide.