- "Decades in the Making": How Mainstream Conservatives & Right-Wing Money Fueled the Capitol Attackby firstname.lastname@example.org (Democracy Now!) on February 25, 2021 at 1:46 pm
As more details emerge about those who attacked the U.S. Capitol on January 6, it's becoming clearer that the insurrection was not the work of a […]
- "Not Ready to Give Up": Democrats Push Senate to Keep Popular $15 Minimum Wage in Stimulus Billby email@example.com (Democracy Now!) on February 25, 2021 at 1:35 pm
As the House of Representatives prepares to pass a $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package, a fight is brewing over the inclusion of an increase to […]
- 100+ Countries Push to Loosen WTO Rules on Vaccine Patents. Why Is the U.S. Still Blocking the Way?by firstname.lastname@example.org (Democracy Now!) on February 25, 2021 at 1:14 pm
As the pandemic's death toll nears 2.5 million, stringent rules around intellectual property rights could be preventing much of the world from […]
- Headlines for February 25, 2021by email@example.com (Democracy Now!) on February 25, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Biden and VP Harris to Mark 50 Million Vaccine Shots Since Start of Admin, FDA Moves Closer to Approval of Single-Dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 […]
- Biden Canceled Trump's "Remain in Mexico" Policy, But Asylum Seekers Still Wait in Squalid Refugee Campsby firstname.lastname@example.org (Democracy Now!) on February 24, 2021 at 1:42 pm
One of the most controversial Trump-era immigration policies — the so-called Remain in Mexico program, officially called the Migrant Protection […]
Browser not supported. Visit www.270towin.com
Someone should tell Joe Biden: Every time you end a statement with Period; as in ‘such and such, such and such. Period’; it sounds as if you just told a lie. Every time you predicate a statement with, ‘Look’, it sounds as if you are about to tell a lie. I’m not saying you are […]
If you have been thinking, as I have, about why Central Americans need so desperately to escape their home countries; here’s a clue.
UPDATE: Could the NRA Lose Nonprofit Status? PBS/OPB Bye, bye Ollie! How the Hell does the NRA qualify as a Nonproft? At best, they are industry lobbyist. “Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or […]
When I reflect on immigrants, my mind always goes to Lazo of Lazo’s Restaurant in Chicago. http://lazosrestaurant.com/ (I think it was orginially Lazo’s Tacos) When I first moved to Chicago, in 1981, I found Lazo’s to be a convenient place to pick up an affordable burrito on my way home from the El stop on Western. […]
This is a really excellent report. Please find time to watch the whole thing.
Because you know you’ve been thinking about it.
This is important! Senator Sheldon Whitehouse delivers a fiery speech on the corrupting influence of “creepy billionaires!
The important thing to realize, is that the cabinet members, Pruitt, DeVos, Carson, etc; are all doing exactly what Trump wants them to do. That is, to “bankrupt” their respective agencies, making them look weak, ineffectual and expensive. This, in order to eliminate these agencies in the future.
Trump family fingers are in many pies. This is an extraction administration at best. %https://www.democracynow.org/2018/3/23/major_new_investigation_into_trump_real%
- I'm tired of Christians' misreading my religious texts to defend the death penaltyby Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg on February 26, 2021 at 11:07 am
My religious tradition shows why the bar for the state to kill should be impossibly high.
- The GOP can't kill Biden's stimulus plan. It should stop trying.by Hayes Brown on February 26, 2021 at 10:35 am
It's not 2009. Trying to stand in the way of the $1.9 trillion package is a mistake.
- McConnell would back Trump in 2024 after blaming him for rioton February 26, 2021 at 4:49 am
On February 13, Sen. Mitch McConnell blamed Trump for the Capitol riot of January 6. But now McConnell says he would 'absolutely' support Trump if he's the GOP nominee in 2024. We talk about it with Mark McKinnon.
- Trump tax documents handed over to Manhattan Prosecutoron February 26, 2021 at 4:28 am
District Attorney Cy Vance has millions of pages of Trump documents in his possession as part of a grand jury investigation into Trump and his corporation. Bloomberg Opinion Sr. Columnist Tim O’Brien tells Lawrence O’Donnell that tax documents and email communications will be key for the prosecution. “This is a criminal case - they’re going to need to prove criminal intent on the part of Trump, his three eldest children, Allen Weisselberg, and anyone else in the Trump organization who’
- Fmr. Obama advisor: Pres. Biden took the ‘proportional response’ with airstrikes in Syriaon February 26, 2021 at 4:17 am
Ben Rhodes, former deputy national security advisor to President Obama, tells Lawrence O'Donnell that "you can tell there was a rigorous process" and "there probably was pretty broad consensus" for President Biden's first authorization for military action against Iranian-backed forces in Syria.