- The Way Forward: Can the Left Push Biden to Be a Transformative President Like LBJ, FDR & Lincoln?by firstname.lastname@example.org (Democracy Now!) on January 20, 2021 at 1:39 pm
We look at the path forward for the Biden-Harris administration and the role of social movements with political strategist Waleed Shahid and author […]
- "Unmitigated Disaster": Michael Eric Dyson on How Trump Turned White House into "Fulcrum of Fascism"by email@example.com (Democracy Now!) on January 20, 2021 at 1:32 pm
As Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are inaugurated and the Trump presidency comes to an end, we look back at his regime with author and analyst Michael […]
- CIA Whistleblower: Biden Intel Pick Avril Haines Approved Obama Drone Strike Kill List, Hid Tortureby firstname.lastname@example.org (Democracy Now!) on January 20, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Avril Haines, Biden's nominee for director of national intelligence, began her confirmation hearing Tuesday. She was President Obama's top lawyer on […]
- Profiting from Pardons: Giuliani Aide Told CIA Whistleblower a Trump Pardon Would Cost $2 Millionby email@example.com (Democracy Now!) on January 20, 2021 at 1:15 pm
With less than 12 hours before the end of his presidency, Donald Trump issued 143 pardons and commutations, including a pardon for Steve Bannon, his […]
- Headlines for January 20, 2021by firstname.lastname@example.org (Democracy Now!) on January 20, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Biden and Harris Attend Memorial to Honor 400,000+ COVID-19 Victims in U.S. on Eve of Inauguration, 12 Nat'l Guards Removed from Inauguration; […]
Browser not supported. Visit www.270towin.com
Someone should tell Joe Biden: Every time you end a statement with Period; as in ‘such and such, such and such. Period’; it sounds as if you just told a lie. Every time you predicate a statement with, ‘Look’, it sounds as if you are about to tell a lie. I’m not saying you are […]
If you have been thinking, as I have, about why Central Americans need so desperately to escape their home countries; here’s a clue.
UPDATE: Could the NRA Lose Nonprofit Status? PBS/OPB Bye, bye Ollie! How the Hell does the NRA qualify as a Nonproft? At best, they are industry lobbyist. “Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or […]
When I reflect on immigrants, my mind always goes to Lazo of Lazo’s Restaurant in Chicago. http://lazosrestaurant.com/ (I think it was orginially Lazo’s Tacos) When I first moved to Chicago, in 1981, I found Lazo’s to be a convenient place to pick up an affordable burrito on my way home from the El stop on Western. […]
This is a really excellent report. Please find time to watch the whole thing.
Because you know you’ve been thinking about it.
This is important! Senator Sheldon Whitehouse delivers a fiery speech on the corrupting influence of “creepy billionaires!
The important thing to realize, is that the cabinet members, Pruitt, DeVos, Carson, etc; are all doing exactly what Trump wants them to do. That is, to “bankrupt” their respective agencies, making them look weak, ineffectual and expensive. This, in order to eliminate these agencies in the future.
Trump family fingers are in many pies. This is an extraction administration at best. %https://www.democracynow.org/2018/3/23/major_new_investigation_into_trump_real%
- Maddow: Ex-presidents' call for unity a sign of depth of U.S. crisis of divisionon January 21, 2021 at 5:26 am
Rachel Maddow expresses her alarm at the realization that former presidents are usually only gathered to call for American unity in especially dire situations, making that portion of the Biden inaugural prime time special as concerning as it is reassuring.
- WaPo: Meeting on military response to Trump riot included Mike Flynn's brotheron January 21, 2021 at 5:01 am
Rachel Maddow shares new reporting from the Washington Post that the Pentagon now admits, after days of denials, that Lt. Gen. Charles A. Flynn, the brother of disgraced former Trump NSA Michael Flynn, was involved in a key meeting on the military response as Trump supporters rioted in the U.S. Capitol.
- 'It's great to have your name on short lists': Sherrilyn Ifill acknowledges SCOTUS rumorson January 21, 2021 at 3:54 am
Sherrilyn Ifill, president and director-counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, talks acknowledges that she is aware that her name comes up on short lists of potential Biden Supreme Court nominees, but emphasizes her dedication to the work she's doing.
- Warnock sees 'continuity of service' in new role as senatoron January 21, 2021 at 3:28 am
Senator Reverend Raphael Warnock talks about the civil rights milestone represented by his swearing-in as a U.S. senator and how his work at Atlanta's Ebenezer Baptist Church ties to the issues he hopes to work on in the senate.
- Joy Reid: Inauguration program 'was the answer to what we saw on January 6th'on January 21, 2021 at 3:08 am
Joy notes how the star-studded Inauguration programs were an answer "to what we saw on January 6th ... And they went to work. They did a workday. They gave us a press conference where there were no lies."